At Historic Sussex Hotels, we aim to provide the best possible environment for our guests, our members and our teams. We recognise that the importance of creating a happy and sustainable environment and are keen to promote practical measures to ensure the safe-keeping of our community, for now and for the future generations. These include:
- Reducing waste at all possible times in all areas of the hotels, spas and restaurants
- Reusing components where possible, newspapers as fire kindling, collected leaves to mulch on the borders, Christmas trees to chipping
-- Recycling as much as possible, everything from paper to cardboard, glass to cooking oil
- Choosing local suppliers and partners that have a great record of being eco-friendly and controlling their carbon footprint
- Choosing eco-friendly products, everything from straws to cleaning products, spa products bio fuel
- Encouraging energy efficiency, including closing windows and doors when practical, turning off lights, plugs and charging points when not in use, fitting motion detectors on lights. Installing electric car charging points.
- Avoiding unnecessary over consumption of water, turning off taps and showers when not in use
- Introduction of our 'Eco etiquette' to all guests, members and teams
This is an on-going task and we will continue to work hard to ensure we comply with all applicable environmental legislation and at the same time adopt a proactive and collaborative approach to explore new ways to develop our sustainability from paperless check-in to solar panels, from training and education to ozone washing machines.
If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact us